Ok all you distance moguls,

last year as I spoke to many of u, many wanted more than 300. I know I do. And I think eventually the Florida 300 will get there, as the committee continues to build this race.

But yeah, I want it now, and maybe you do too.

So this year, there is the possibility of an extension, up front, call it a pretension.

It may not be an official part, it wont be part of the official primary 300 scoring, but it will have some significance.

The plan is as follows. The Florida 300 leaves from Islamorado on Wednesday. The Stock Island 200 Mile Pretension will leave from Islamorada on Sunday, Mother's Day, and Sail to Key West (Stock Island Actually) and overnight there, returning the next day. Leaving Tuesday to return and rest before the main event. If you really want to sail like crazy, we can plan something local on Tuesday informally as well.

Several things:

1) The distance is only really about 75 miles, so in tune with the rest of the race, moderate not crazy.
2) The planned location in Stock can only really accommodate about 5 boats, so please PM me right away if interested (2 spots taken so far). If we have a higher response rate, we can consider a location shift, but we need commitment for this earlier if a shift is gonna happen.
3) The five entry boats can have free overnight accommodations if they so choose, it will be cool, trust me.
4) We will do some kind of free/group food thing.
5) If I have my druthers, there will be no or minimal charge to enter this portion, but there may be some fee.

Bottom line, if you need 500 to make the trip worthy, here it is, let's go.

thanks,

Larry