Originally Posted by brucat
Originally Posted by MN3
I think 1/12 in change of pressure MIGHT have a small advantage in cold weather -not sure

I think knowing you have a slight advantage is even a bigger factor... - pretty sure

the league allowing each team to manage their own ball is ludicrous

They crushed the Colts 45-7, which had nothing to do with the ball PSI
- if they altered the equipment and had a physical and psychological advantage .... I would think it may have had something to do with it .

Absolutely not. You're assuming a giant conspiracy. They set up the balls to feel like they wanted. I'm sure they didn't sit around the room chanting about this. Even the Colts admitted that they got trounced, and no amount of air in the balls would have changed that.

Again, not defending these guys, because they irritate hell out of me with this kind of crap, but it's not why they won the game 45-7...

As for the sailing stuff, the rules gurus (and coaches) teach you to look at what the rules don't say for your tactical advantage. If you just look at what the rules say you can't do, you'll probably miss some prime opportunities.

Mike

11 balls out of 12 with almost an exact amount of under-pressurization was not intentional? (or, at least, a mistake)

Jake Kohl