Without taking over this page...pro's and con's of sailing a Mozzie V Taipan...I don't think are any, I'm not interested in class bashing either...although evidently some find it hard to resist...

The reason I sailed the Mosquito the other week and probably will for a few more club races at least is that I'm tidying up the Taipan a bit, it is a homebuilt boat and after 7 years or so, theres a few little dings and scratches that have been annoying me for some time, probably not really noticable most of the time...but unfortunately my eyes are constantly drawn to these imperfections.

I sailed a Mosquito prior to Taipan, and still own that set of hulls as well, stored away for a rainy day.

There are 3 Taipans at Derrinallum, however getting them all on the water at the same time seems a challenge at the moment...so if I can make up 5 Mozzies at the club (and win.. haha), while this is the case, then it makes for good racing for all.

Sticky Finger hadnt seen the water for over 15 years went it hit the water the other week and went very well with a Supreme Main from the Mid 70's. I found a couple of things while on the water that will improve that a bit more, but couldn't change them on the water that day.

Taipan AUS329 'Got Wood'
Mosquito 752 'Sticky Finger'
HARDWOOD RACING TEAM