To answer the original question, there is not much that Ford uses that can transfer to your H16. Ford and Jaguar use a different alloy than you do and much of their protection is engineered in to the design.

There have been some minor changes in paint on protection for galvanic corrosion and some new cups for rivets.

The DIY painted gun refinishing has made tuff paints available. google "painted gun finishes". Be careful some of these are brittle and will crack.

The only real change I have seen that can be applied to old boats is powder coating. I have 2 bikes about the same age, one Imron and the other powder coated. There is no comparison. The painted one needs a repaint and the powder coated one looks like it needs to be waxed. If you have something powder coated done make sure whoever does it has experience in marine finishes. I am told the difference between cheap lawn chair refinishes and marine/industrial finishers is the marine/industrial finishers know they have to do it right or the finish will peel.