Don't knock the crotch strap until you've tried the new ones Jay... I've sold about 20 crotch styles in the last two years and only one person didn't like it.
You certainly can't competitively race an F16, F18, or etc. wearing a big clunky Worrell Harness. I had a Worrell harness, used it an a Tybee, after that I switch to the Zhik T2 and was more comfortable than I ever was in the Worrell.
Magic Marine has the best all around selection of harnesses for various purposes. I'm wearing the Magic Marine Viper Harness which starting coming with a stretchy crotch this year, I'll likely going to switch to the Magic Marine Team. This year's Team harness is similar to the Viper but just offers a bit more back support. Both are similar to the Zhik T2 but much lighter and less expensive.
Now the crotch style isn't for everyone, for instance if you're sitting up a lot in the trap then the other models are better. The Aquata Worrell, Ronstan Racing, Murrays harnesses, Magic Marine Pro Harness, or the Magic Marine Ultimate which is a great compromise between the two.
Here's a great video from Mischa on all their harnesses, it's a couple years old but all the same models for the same purposes, they've just made small improvements https://vimeo.com/100490021

Last edited by wildtsail7; 06/09/15 12:21 PM.