WOW !! ask a question and get a bunch of info. I love this site.

Carl, its good to see that your still alive and kicking.

TO all that has posted above thank you also.

Recently, my family has been struck with some medical issues and I have been thinking about a project to work on with my father. My grandmother just succumb to pancreatic cancer and my mother has bone cancer. Her prognosis is not good and she has requested that I spend quality time with my father. What better way than to build a boat??

My concept was to take and build an all carbon (or as close as I can) 18 sq with some rig mods (Carl, you'll love this-- a snuffer and spinnaker. Much like the insane stuff we did in the first of the 90's worrell's too much sail and hang on)

I have just realized that I no longer want to worry about crew and training them but yet still have the urge to go insanely fast with the occasional fear that I may be going to fast for my own physical good. Remember that I learned how to sudden stop a boat going 25+ knots a few years back with just a small amount of damage to the calcium deposits in my body (bones).

I also thought that there maybe just a few more truly nutso people out there (like me) that may get a kick out of a boat like it so..........

Any thoughts??

Steve

Last edited by majsteve; 01/24/04 10:47 AM.