Thanks for all the responses. Thanks for the photo Kingy.

Just one thing ... just because I am asking questions it doesn't mean I don't sail at regattas. I don't sail at my club regularly because it's hard with 5 teenage kids at home and the club (Parkdale) is 90 minutes from home. I have joined a club closer to home (Torquay) this year so I can sail more.

I have sailed in every Cobra national titles since 2008/2009 in VIC, SA, NSW and QLD. I have also sailed in all but one state titles in the same period.

I have introduced all of my five children to sailing. One daughter has competed in all those national titles with me and is the current state champ as crew for someone else (while I was encouraging another daughter to sail with me). Another daughter has crewed for a friend from SA for the past two Nat and state champs. Both girls sailed Vipers at the Goodall training program in Geelong in September. I am rebuilding an Arafura Cadet to encourage the two boys to join the fun.

Typically I don't have as much time as I would like to have to catch up with other sailors on the beach. That's why I ask questions on this forum. This is what works for me ... I understand that it doesn't work for everyone.

Matt you are really helpful but just saying 'come down and I will show you' doesn't work for me. Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate (and regularly review) your advice.

I would love to come and sail at Somers again sometime (where I sailed every weekend as a teenager in the 1980's on an Elwood Jnr and the first Somers Tornado).

I last said g'day to you at a Torquay Australia Day regatta a few years ago, but with the family in tow there was not time to have a good chat.

Perhaps I will see some of you at the VIC cat champs in November.

smile

Currently between boats
Previously …
Cobra 570
Cobra 581
Mosquito 126
Arafura Cadet 738