Leaders and followers... aka... politics.

So...we cross off the last leader.... (maybe ISAF looks too much like FIFA and he bailed out ... who knows)

So the article makes a valid point.So... what is vision for international sailing for the next 8 years and secondarily HOW does it guide the USA effort.

What I heard over the past few years was... ISAF wants to grow sailing as a professional sport and leverage their opportunities to make money in global marketing and branding that would in turn support the local and national levels. The major asset they have is the Olympics and so that is what they want to leverage.

Secondarily, they administer the nuts and bolts of international amateur competition.

Are we on board with that program???

Is that the philosophy that would shape our amateur sailing and how?

My assessment is that ISAF has failed at this.... probably because it is a stupid objective.

It seems to me that if you stop flushing money down that rat hole... you have enough cash to administer the amateur sport wisely.

Let those who want to cash in on sailing find their own way. The extreme 40s don't need ISAF, US Sailing and other MNA's to be successful. The Am Cup does not need ISAF, US SAiling and other MNA's to do what they do.

I dare you to try and argue with data that the Am Cup in multihulls has had ANY effect on beach cat or larger multihull sailing. I can't ID any new blood in my part of the world motivated by the AM Cup action.

ISAF leadership has tried to suck on this (pretty dry) teat just like their football buddies in FIFA do ... and It is clear that it won't work.

So... the good news... If they are grifting at ISAF... its probably for peanuts.

Where to now?

As the thread imagines... Foiling is the solution to all that ails sailing?..... yeah.... sure!

crac.sailregattas.com