I thought WIN 10 was free, so it harkens back to Tad's comments.

Who in their right mind thinks the internet is "private" anyway? Even darkweb isn't totally private.. Orweb tries but unless you're a tech dude and can disable any outgoing info transfers from your computer/tablet/phone....

I have a separate laptop with only internet (no e-mail, etc) to online bank (and that's all I use it for). But I presume the best security would be to walk down the road and use the ATM or bank branch.

And social media is in my opinion the biggest sell-out of them all. But you knew that when you started posting pictures of you and Aunt Edna.

Was it "Deep thought" that was Facebook's facial recognition algorithm? That works better than NSA's system now?

So, with the tin-foil hat I propose we all use the postal service (you're paying for it anyway..) and ciphers or double blind-drops.

Sure, there's no reason to panic since most of us have nothing to hide, but it irks me how much money they make on information I volunteer (knowingly or otherwise). Do they toss me a cent or two for the billions they make?

For something funny (and sort-of related), watch the TED talk on the guy who wrote ".Con" about his dialogue with spammers. I wish I was that creative....

Jay