Well, in a word it was "perfect"! 8-10 on the beam for the start building to 12-14 down the bay with a slight shift left in smooth water made for 2.5 hour dragrace. 2.5 hours for the only F18, the RC, Marsrtoms and Carbon 20 where just a little faster. But we had them in sight right to the finish. We got the kite up through card sound as did one I20 and we both closed on the leaders.

We heard Mike's Marstrom mast had a problem, don't know the details. The Carbon 20 Team was still in initial tuning phase of a new to them boat and did real well. Not sure who finished first them or Brett. That's a team to watch on the 300. The Nacra 6.0 and Hobie 20 teams did real well also, big jib reaching machines.

We battled Kenny on his Stiletto 23, a 6.0 and an I20 down the bay. We held them all off by a few boat lenghts down the bay and found a hole at Cutter Bank. The kite went up through card sound and we put distance on the Stiletto and the 6.0. The I20 stayed high over Cutter Bank and made big gains with a spin run to the bridge... really nice move for those guys. We made up some time on them when they seemed to miss the finish line and had to soak it deep to cross. Kenny fell back, perhaps had a boat issue. The 6.0 finished close behind us and John Mcknight on his H20. Initial figures look promising for John, he smoked it, again.

We had lunch at the Upper Keys Sailing Club, where we ran into Rick coaching some youths. In his words some "buggar brained" boys. Love that place, they serve cold tap beer in frosty mugs, after getting up at 0430 and sailing 60 miles on an F18, a frosty mug is, well... special. We continued on a pleasure cruise down to the Islander in preparation for the Florida 300. Team Turtle Mojo is ready to go.

Team Cyberspeed also landed at the Islander and Supercat Craig says he's ready. In "Craig style" he landed with beach wheels and camping gear loaded on the boat, a fishing pole and a cooler full of empties. And, yes of course, of few stories.

Our ground crew moved the Dutch Rockerz F18 from the MYC to the Islander, so our first FL300 European team is staged for action.

MYC normally issues the results some time this week. The finish was close so I'm sure there is much anticipation. However it turns out, there was some great sailing by awesome sailors in the clear blue water of Biscayne Bay and the upper Keys.

A special thanks to my crew, those guns performed flawlessly. In this game it is clear, old guys rule!

Dick Macdonald
Cirrus F18
Team Turtle Mojo