Originally Posted by brucat
That's how it works on paper. In the real world, it's been reported to be not quite so simple. Still the best choice for new designs, I suppose.

Mike

I'm curious what you mean by that.... The formula to calculate CT is essentially the same as for DP-N, so not like it's harder to use. Not to mention the fact that there is one rating under SCHRS, not five as with DP-N.

SCHRS: CT = ET/HC
DP-N: CT = ET*100/HC

There are currently 278 boats with published SCHRS ratings, so unless you race a custom boat, chances are there is nothing you or a race organizer needs to do. Granted, WE had challenges at the FL300 since we were using a modified platform, but we expected to have to be measured going in.

I guess the choice is simple, keep using an antiquated, poorly maintained not maintained rating system or move to one that is more accurate and kept up to date.

Back to the original topic, I'd tell the Phantom that they can race in a foiling only class/fleet, or be scored with a provisional rating, but not be eligible for official placing. The current DP-N tables are so fraught with error already, why make it even worse by adding ANOTHER BS number into the mix?