Hi, I currently have a prindle 16. It has a barber hauler system and I have a furling system for the jib. I like that the boat is light and easy to rig and sail. It is stable and can handle a good bit of weight. It is fine for two-three people. It can handle four, but the tramp gets really crowded. I also don't like the rudder system. I know I could move up to an 18, but I am really trying to stay with 16 because it is easier to trailer.

I have a chance to buy a GCat 5.0 for $1,000.00 with no trailer. The G-Cat is in good shape. Everything is there. The only issue with it is the current owner epoxied the bottom of the hulls. He claims one of the hulls had a hole in it from beach rash and that he added epoxy to the keel of both hulls to "beef" them up. My questions are as follows.

1.) Should the quality of his epoxy job concern me? Any tips on checking it?

2.) Regarding the front tramp of the G-Cat 5.0, my understanding is that the jib attaches to the front crossbar, meaning it sits very low, which leaves very little clearance on the front tramp. Does this render the front tramp less useful? When I change directions, kids in the front will have to somehow move around the jib without getting tangled in the jib line. Also, does it limit my ability to strap a cooler to the front tramp?

3.) One way around that might be to get a new jib from a different boat. In looking at the measurements, it looks like my rolling furler system and prindle forestay would work with the original prindle pigtail. I suppose I could try a prindle 16 jib. Any thoughts on this or somehow converting the G-Cat jib system to allow for a furling system and more jib to tramp clearance?

4.) Last question, since I trailer and don't always go out for the entire day, minimal rigging time is critical to me. I can rig a Hobie 16 in 20 minutes or so. For the prindle, it is a bit more because the boom is not already connected to the main. Is there any noticeable difference in rigging time with the G-Cat 5?

Thanks for your help.