Further conversation copied from Mossie Facebook site.

"Gary Maskiell" No it was actualy while both Tim (one up) and myself (2 up) where trapezing with spinnakers that Neil (2 up) dropped his behind us and caught up. Tim and I had both been blown below the layline, so extra distance travelled, occasional spinnaker flapping, drag from over sheeted spinnakers and drift sideways all counted against us. But in my case I was so busy fighting it and trying to catch Tim, that I didn't look around to see that Neil was doing it smarter.

"David Madden" Thanks. Interesting . As fast as the spinnaker can be, when it comes to vmg it would appear that the helmsman needs to apply some good judgement to get around the course as quick as possible. Maybe.

"Gary Maskiell" I think Spinnaker will allways win Windward Leeward course, but when you need to make a point tight reaching, you need to keep your mind open.

"Matt Stone" I remember eden regatta, when i was sailing neils boat with david and and neil sailing my boat
On reaches you couldnt catch us, but windward leeward we got passed by Gary Maskiell and mitch meade, neils boat no kite my boat that neil was on had kite