Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
And to Jake's hesitancy regarding Kickstarter and other crowd-funding projects I share that caveat empor.... They're looking for "investors" who can get a discount when/if the product finally makes it to market.

I think a friend sent money to another campaign which was developing an ROV/drone which was supposed to follow you while filming (automatically). I don't think he ever saw the actual product.

And another crowd-source thing was that memorial fund set up for the victim of some horrible violence. The relatives of the victim said they never set up any sort of fund, so I wonder where all that money went.....

My last kickstarter was for a cool flip-flop concept where you put them in the oven to warm them up (to a reasonable still touchable temperature) and put your feet into them bearing your full weight to form the soles to your feet. No break in period! They had about a year's worth of delay (actually more than a year) and got everybody's addresses and orders screwed up...couple that with the fact that people tend to move around after 1.5 years, their bulk deliveries from china got lost on a train in the US, turns out you had to heat them up hot enough to get burned so they included socks to wear while molding them, and then, the day I got mine, they sent out a notification to everyone to NOT PUT THEM IN THE OVEN because it softens the glue and they fall apart in a week or two - just wear them and they'll break in. sick lol.

I actually felt sorry for the folks trying to deliver that product. They were clearly over their head in several aspects of that project.

Last edited by Jake; 05/18/17 10:05 AM.

Jake Kohl