Hi there,

A friend of mine works for Nacra Sailing and I had pretty good repair plan from him. I hope this plan helps you others as well.

Morning guys.

So here some instructions to find the hole.

You can use a kite pump on the drainplug on the stern to pump air in to the boat
NOTE:! You can also over do this, and damage the hull. So be gentle with this. Check after 1 pump first how much air is coming out. A bit of pressure is enough (how much is a bit…., really not too much 😊

The other one is having a bucket with soapy water and let the water run on the spaces you want to check.

- Hatch.
- Daggerboardcase top+bottom.
- Any weird damages.
- Ruddergudgeons.
- Beam bed (let beams mounted).

When you find a small pin hole (pinhole or up to 1.5 cm) on the spot you shown on the picture do as follow.

- Use an old batten and double-sided tape to paste some grinding paper 120grid on the batten and grind and rinse the spot.
- Buy a small brush and tape it to the batten. Mix gelcoat and cover it with gelcoat.

When you find a bigger hole 1.5 cm and up you rather repair with glass cloth.

- Get some plastic tape, glass band 160 (or glass cloth).
- Use an old batten and double-sided tape to paste some grinding paper 120grid on the batten and grind and rinse the spot.
- Fold the tape so there is no sticky side. U need +/- 75 cm after folding.
- Prepare the gelcoat and the cloth on the tape.
- Tie/ tape a small wrench on the bottom of the tape, and let it go down the DB case.
- Position the cloth together.
- Use the batten to push the cloth on the damage.
- Remove the plastic gently.
- Use a brush with some gelcoat to make sure it is covered.

Success.

Regards,

Nacra Sailing

www.nacrasailing.com
www.performancesails.com
Hellingweg 110-116
2583 DX The Hague
The Netherlands
T +31 (0)70 3382900