Juha,

Great tips from Nacra directly. I am a bit surprised they have issues in the beam beds. I am not surprised the rudder gudgeons develop leaks over time, it seems about 2 years is max on the sealant. Perhaps a better caulk exists than 5200 (Sikaflex or?). I know the 505 guys bed their rudder gudgeons with epoxy, but I am hesitant to do that.

A similar set of instructions was recently relayed to me for fixing the daggerboard trunks. Use a hair drier on the drain plug along with the soapy water to help find the spots that are leaking. Once found, use the acid brush on a batten technique to apply some laminating resin (west systems or equivalent) to the area. Put a shop vac on the drain plug to apply vaccum to the hull and suck the resin into the hole. This works well with gelcoat too. Vaccum is much easier on a hull than pressure btw; don't overdo it but you don't need to be nearly as cautious as pressurizing the hull.

If you do find your portholes/deck hatches are leaking, these are a very nice drop in replacement that I've found to be leak free and easier to use than the screw-off style: http://www.beckson.com/twistdp.html

Scorpion F18