Than you for the kinds words and support!

Also thank you to everyone who responded with interest in joining the team! I’m very glad I decided to reach out.

I will definitely try and make Hiram’s I have never done it. Steeplechase and key largo are definite.

I’m very excited to be sailing again and especially sailing with the goal of doing the Worrell. It’s somerhkng I have wanted to do since I was little.

I don’t have an opinion on OA choices. I’m very happy there is a race to participate in, and the racer in me is salivating at 8 or more same class boats over 2 weeks.

Since it’s a boat a don’t own, I’m happy the cost is less than the Carbon 20s etc. Used F18s appear plentiful and priced across the spectrum and spread accesos the country. (Also Europe but I wasn’t shopping there).

I also remember a year where it was supposed to be the Javeline HT or something. At least F18s already exist and are ready to sail.

Overall I’m very excited and totally enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Quick story...

In 2001 after being one of only a handful of the nearly 20 boats to make it out through massive surf, Rod Waterhouse lost the rudder system on his boat. Using the sails to turn-downwind toward shore; he jumped off the back and used his body to steer safely to shore. There he walked out to the road flagged down the team Castrol ground crew who lent him new rudders. He promptly installed them, and navigated even larger surf to finish the leg.

Dad has the video of the launch somewhere. I’ll see if he can find it.

Thanks again everyone!