yeah - I guess buyer beware. Unethical yes but I don't think you have much leverage from a legal standpoint. It is actually the receivers responsibility to take it up with the trucking company (once you sign the papers, you are less likely to get an acknowledgement). You would then get to watch a a finger pointing excercise with the seller and trucking company where they use words like "proper preparation" and "improper handling" that results in a useless stalemate.
<br>
<br>For future reference you can agree with the shipper prior to the sell and specify FOB - Seller or FOB - buyer. (Also sometimes as refered to as Ex-Works). If the contract (be it verbal or else) between you and the seller specified FOB-buyer it would mean that the actual ownership of the item takes place when it arrives to the buyer. FOB-seller means that the transfer of ownership takes place the second it leaves the sellers business. I can't recall exactly what FOB stands for and the phrase usually refers to the city of orignition instead of "seller" or "buyer". I.e. FOB-Pensacola, FL. If you specifiy this next time you will have legal ramifications with which to get it replaced. In this case, it sounds like you technically owned it the minute it was on the truck - FOB-seller is usually default.
<br>
<br>Good Luck,<br><br>[color:blue][b]Jake
<br>[color:blue][b]Nacra 5.2 (2112)
<br>[color:blue][b]Hobie 18 (???)

Attached Files
3005- (17 downloads)

Jake Kohl