Well, guys believe what you want to believe. Ignore the pointers and dig into to the commercial talk.

I sailed my own boat, the kind that "just can't sail right", a few more times and I can assure you that I will NEVER EVER buy an "normal" boat again.

You guys just don't know what you're missing. AHPC rig ? Excellent, the bloody rig talks to you. Am I going crazy ? If so than I want to be completely insane by tomorrow morning. And I'm not the only one ; some at my club are actively looking to ditch their old normals boats like a 1 year old Blast to get "one of these". One comment of late, and this guy wouldn;t shut up after the test ride. "I thought the Taipan would be a twitchy and unstable boat, It REALLY isn't. She felt more stable than all the other boats I had and it sped along so enormously". Dive problems ? Not here. I did a bit of the F18 and I can tell you that Your Tiger has more problems there and that the Nacra I-18 takes more chop on the beam. The Nacra 5.5 goes done like a submaring when coming down swell or chop. The T goes in like a good suspension and pops right out ready for the next wave. I put it done to the lightweight mast.

Now this T is smaller and shorter than ALL YOUR BOATS and I think it is heaps better. The accelerations are just orgasmic. Out of trim ? Pull in some sheet or control line and she reacts like you hit the G-spot head on.

Guys, you make up your own minds. I can tell you all you need to know about these ratios and whats works and what not, but you are never going to believe me and honestly THAT IS YOUR LOSS.

I'm sailing and pissing of some unconverted sailors in the process.

Have fun guys and buy some more old rig and old technology boats. God knows not much has changed since the 70's right ?

Or did it ?

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands