Wouter,
Where are you going and where are you coming from? You must have been drinking some strong stuff just before you wrote this recent post above.
> Where's this "commercial talk" you are talking about?
> Where did this "just can't sail right" comment come from?
> What is an AHPC rig, "a high perfornance cat" rig?
> Is a "Blast" a European catamaran? I have never heard of one if it is a boat.
> Talk about "commercial"; Sounds to me like you are trying hard to sell Taipans and put down Tigers and NACRAs and anything else you can think of. With all you know, why don't you design and build something of your own?
> Tornados have been "poping up" from bow underwater situations since they were first built. The bow is about twice as tall as the transom. This Tornado characteristic is displacement where it is needed. Taking 10 pounds of weight off the mast has the same effect on system inertia having a 160 pound skipper sit 1ft further forward from the rear beam.
> What is this "T boat that is smaller and shorter than all your boats"?
I designed a SC15, 15ft long, that went into production. Is this T boat a 14ft Twister? I have never heard of that such a boat.
> What are these "old rig and old technology" boats that you are talking about?
One could take a 1970 Tornado and add the spinnaker and larger mainsail and add the second trap and take 50 pounds out of the boat weight and have a 59 PN boat. These changes do not fall into the catagory of new technology. The Tornado is a 40 year old design. Spinnakers are probably 100 years old or more. Adding sail area is not new technology. There is nothing new about double trapeze. The Tornado is the dominate 20ft beach cat. Where's the new technology? None of these new super light weight 20fters has proven to be clearly faster than the Tornado. Where are all of these new breakthrough ideas since the 1970's? The H16 has been improved on but the H16 was never a performance design in the first place. The TheMightyHobie18 and P18 have been improved on but these boats were never performance boats in the first place. The unirig boat with spinnaker has come into place and that is because the shape of the race course changed from triangle to windward leeward. Put the close/beam reach back in the race course and the unirig boats are not competitive. There are some very experienced sailors that say the old Olympic race course without spinnaker is a much more challenging and difficult race than the windward leeward race with spinnaker. Adding the spinnaker and race windward leeward is a change but I,m not sure it is an improvement in sailing test ability.
Bill