I'm a little confused. I have the basics down but here are a few questions.
<br>
<br>Meetpunt's: Why would they be outside the area of the sail? I was assuming I would use the Head tack and clew corners as my meetpunts. So I don't understand the picture that has the meetpunt outside a rounded corner. Of course I don't have any rounded corners on my sail.
<br>
<br>Second question: Is the point where S7 and S8 meet always at the end of the first batten? And is the point where S4 and S6 meet always at the end of the second batten? Or do you try to move these points to try to make it look more like the picture?
<br>
<br>Would I use a big old square to try to get the H1, H2, H3, and H4? What are the tools commonly used by the pros to measure these sails. Just give me a rundown on the toolkit that would be helpful.
<br>
<br>In answer to your bottom area question, we don't have a bottom batten. We just have the boom. Mostly boomless rigs have this bottom area. The only one I can think of is the N6.0. Does the 5.8 also have this bottom flap? I can't remember. I also beleive that we should measure sail area period. They can put it wherever they want. I'd bet the 6.0 would adapt a boom rig with all the sailarea uptop like conventional rigs. However they can do what they want as long as it is smaller than the max sail area allowed.
<br>
<br>Mike Hill
<br>H20 #791
<br>
<br><br><br>

Attached Files
3779- (152 downloads)

Mike Hill
N20 #1005