New to the Forum – Quick Tips

1) You can read any Forum without registering. If you want to Post, you must register. To register Click on Log In and then at the Log In Page, click on the link Register Here. Select a User Name and your own Password (write these down and remember them). And there is a little box you MUST check that says you will abide by the Forum Rules. If not checked, you will not get registered.
Now you can Post. By the way, you must allow Cookies.
2) It is best to read Forums in Collapsed Mode. That way you will see a list of Threads. To read a Thread, double click on it and all the post and replies will be shown in order of posts. To go back, click on Index and you will again see the list of threads.
By doing this the program keeps track of what you have already read, and when you click on the same thread again, it will pass over the ones already read and to the new posts. [color:"red"] (New) However, after we upgraded the software there seemed to be a glick and it did not show you the unread messages in red. To overcome that, check the box that says "Remember Me!" when you log in and it will all work again.[/color]
3) Be certain to look over the FAQ page, as there are so many neat things you can do
4) Click on Main Index to see the list of all the different Forums
5) To change how you want to view the Forums and other personal info, click on My Home.
The number of threads shown is set at the default of 10 per page. I set mine to 20, but you can set it to whatever you want.
There you can also change your Password, have you picture in your posts, and all sort of things
6) Click on Who's Online and you will see a list of folks that are presently using the Forum and what they are reading.
7) Search is a very powerful tool. Click on it and set the criteria for your search. Unlike the Old Forum where we had to delete messages over 2 months old to keep the program up to speed, this Program keeps all posts in its Database, so you can search by key word for any subject.
8) You can post pictures and use funny icons (Like This ) to express feelings. Lots of tools

ENJOY!

Rick