Sorry, T55, I got carried away in my last response to Wouter -- although, I really do love the Dragon.

But if you really want to get cold and wet on a catamaran and you only have those three choices, it looks to me like the Twixxy would be the best.

However, if you can find a used Wave for a good price, you can put a jib and a reacher or spinnaker on it, plus a trapeze, and make it into a very versatile boat that you can sail in a very wide range of conditions and provide good enough performance to make it interesting. Something that you could "grow" with incrementally, so to speak, by adding more features as you can afford them or feel ready for them.

I don't know anything about the Twixxy, but I know the Wave has great buoyancy (can carry far more weight than the Hobie 16) and has excellent freeboard, which keeps you dryer. It can't sink, and it is very stable, and it has the flotation on top of the mast so it can't turtle, and it is VERY easy to right. These features make it safer when you are sailing in cold water. (Maybe the Twixxy has the same features.)

Personally, I would get a Dragon.