Hi!
<br>First, I want to Second everything Announcer said (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)
<br>Second, my hearty welcome, too. Cat sailors are a big part of what's real cool about cat sailing - you're in for a whole new crowd of nice folks.
<br>Third, don't be surprised if some of these really nice people have some, .... er... strong opinions about which brand/model of boat is the "best" for you, or indeed for anyone. [Linked Image]
<br>They mean well, and any comparisons must be viewed in the context that anyone on this board would probably rather be sailing almost any model of cat than doing almost anything else. [Linked Image]
<br>Third, if all you've done so far is sail a Wave, (which is a nice, dependable, unintimidating, user friendly boat, by the way) you're in for a heckova treat when you go for a blast on a more agressive style of cat.
<br>I'm not going to tell you what brand of cat I sail, but it is my second boat, and cost like 4 times what I spent on my first boat. Both are/were fun, fast, dependable, exciting etc.; I"m just a better fit to this new cat.
<br>What I infer from this is: Buy a cheap used 16 ft/5.0 meter sized boat. You can sail it, learn what your style is, then sell it for about what you paid for it. Sometimes more. While you're sailing your boat, have guest skippers, and go crew for them on their boats. In the fall, when boats become less expen$ive, upgrade to the boat of your choice.
<br>
<br>Sail Fast
<br>Ed Norris<br><br>

Attached Files
411- (32 downloads)

Sail Fast, Ed Norris