I have done what you are doing. My 14 is designed for a specific purpose Wed Night Racing in smooth protected water. Even so I am in the process of moving the front crossbeam back 18 ins and building a smaller higher front cross beam. It is just too painful in heavy chop.

I looked at the hobby horse issuing. I found deep bows (rocker forward) with a long striaght section aft (like a Tornado) maximizes stability and speed. If the boat starts to hobby horse, move aft.

Knowing what I know now, if I were building a general purpose boat, I would scale a Tornado hull, add plumb bows, and move the front crossbeam aft 6 inches. Attach the crossbeams like the C-Class boats. This would be a good starting point

One thing you may not yet realize, sailing technique will play as big a part as design. These boats are small and should be very light. Weight placement will make a huge difference and they are small enough to muscle around some. Sitting at the rear crossbeam and hiking hard like on a Laser I can actually torque the leeward bow out of the water on mine.