Don't get everybodies hope up.

There are no secondhander F16's around. The sailors keep hanging on to their boats. This winter we saw two Taipans F16 in the Catsailors classifieds and both owners reconsidered their decision and cancelled the offers within a week. Thus leaving a little group of disappointed (potential) buyers. And a small group has been hunting these for years now.

I don't expect to see a secondhand market develop anytime soon for the F16. At last count there are over 30 F16's in the US (Counting the new Blades) and if somebody is selling than it is as good as always to a fellow club member. I can truly advice that nobody starts looks seriously for a secondhand F16 in the USA. You will not find one in time before a friend of the owner snatches it away before you can make contact.

Having said this I think Arbo can do better than a H14 when looking at his stated goals. Even a 500 US$ Prindle 16 of say 1995 or younger will be a better choice. Relatively light, good weight carrying capacity and easy enough to sail and right solo.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 02/17/05 07:42 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands