Hi Mark,
I don't see a problem with the I20s and N6.0NAs doing f20 right now, as well as some other boats..but one problem I do see is the cost and risk for the H20s (and other boats that are noticably different) to retrofit. A h20 sailor takes a big risk to go to F20 right now. He is no longer a H20, and so must sail either open or find a F20 event. I suppose that he could put the old rig back on for a H20 event, but still...why do that? (I don't think that a H20 sailor with the stock rig would be competitive vs a N6 or I20)

I think that the key to this is to get the details hammered out based on what Carl has done and get Hobie to build a new 20 footer to those specs. Hobie needs a new 20 footer anyway, so if they can be convinced to build the new one to the spec, then we are off and running. If they go and do their own thing, then it won't work.

I don't know if Hobie NA is even thinking about a new 20 footer, or have they abandoned the market completely?

I agree that there is a definite need for a 20 foot formula class, but in my opinion, unless you can either get H20s to convert their rigs, or else get H usa to build a new boat to the spec, then it won't work.

Anyway I am all for it. How do we do it?
Dave
N6.0na #325