The F16 concept promotes the fact that they can be sailed in either 1 or 2 up equally well. I have experience it and never heard any contray coments. Relative to performance, Wouters long winded computations, Several differnt yardstick tables, and a quick look at results of some races, looks to me that they in fact run nearly equivalent in either configuration as well. Close enough in my opinion that the skill level of the driver is the dictating factor.

Should we as a class dictate they they can race head to head and are equivalent in scoring. Given the fact in the US they are separate on the Portsmouth tables, we do not get scored together. Having 2 configurations now appears like there is just more random X boats on the water. We are trying to grow a class and unfortunately the heard mentality often comes into play on how people perceve a classes participation. We would like to show that there is paticpation, but if we split the fleet based on set-up, it looks like nobody showed.

Looking for some feedback, cause this could make a big difference in jump starting our class at least in the US, as we do not have a base of existing boats like the mozzies etc.

Matt