Again, why would I want to be crew again?

Becouse every good skipper know that a boat isn't fast unless the crew works as a team? Without a good "string-puller", you are definately going to be slow anyway..

In fact, the longer I sail two up, the more I appreciate the teamwork element of sailing a boat together. As it is, I dont care much wether I helm or run the sails, both are fun, but trimming sails are definately more physical.

When Elvstrøm sailed the olympics on the Tornado with his daughter, he steered from the trapeze while Trine trimmed sails. This was before the T's had a double trapezee, so it made sense for him to put as much weight out there as possible. I guess they did something funky with the sheets, to help Trine sheet in while sitting in there.

I have sailed the Tornado in a regatta with my sister once. She was 68kg's at the time, and super-fit (world class female wrestler). She required some help to sheet the spi, but did the main alone. Loads are not that much lighter on a F-18 (and isn't purchase on sheets regulated?) so I imagine the regular female would make the team faster if put on the helm instead of pushing her trough "the workout from hell" every time you go out in a breeze?

There are some mixed Tornado teams in Europe now. One of the better one's are former dutch Europe class sailor Carolijn Brouwer and Sebastien Godefroid. Guess what the former Europe class sailor does onboard?