What I don't understand is that everyone talks about how the masts have gotten lighter but its seems they are harder to put up. I know I'm older than the average sailor (well I'm over 40) but I've always hopped up on the boat and just stood up the mast and attached the forestay. OK, if you are by your self, set the boat on the ground with the bows in a slight down angle so when the mast is in place it will lean forward and tend to stay up. If there is a breeze then orient the bows downwind. The breeze will help to lift the mast (not hinder you) and will assist in keeping it in place. If you are still concerned about it falling, tie a line to the forestay and loop it under the bridle wires and tie it off to the raised mast. You hop down and attach the forestay to the bridle.

You youngsters just need to get in shape. BTW, no I didn't sail a H14 with a little bitty mast. It was an old TheMightyHobie18 for 15 years then a H20 after that. Unfortunately I can't do that with my Stiletto but it is set up with a gin pole to raise the mast.

Wow is it getting hot in here... I see flames on the horizon. I have my sunblock, I mean flameblock on.

Clayton
S27, H16