While we are at it why don't we spice up chess tournaments. Half naked Hooter’s girls can only play the tournaments and of course we will dumb it down so Bubba and Cleatus can follow it.

Dumbing down the sport of sailboat racing is wrong. There are plenty of other sports available that require very little grey matter, why do you want to make the sport of sailboat racing just like them? This so called complexity of the game is a big plus for me, not only is it physically demanding you actually have to think!

I don't play this game for the spectators. If I wanted to do that I would have bought a POS 84' Monte Carlo and gone down to the local dirt track.

Sailing is a giant pain the butt and probably always will be. It's time consuming and can get quite expensive. That's what is keeping the masses away. All the media exposure on the plant isn't going to change that. As for simplifying the rules... it's not like all that many racers know the rules anyway. Heck, how many actually own a rulebook?

As for the sport being dropped from the Olympics… In my opinion, the current world championships do a good job determining our top teams. I’m fine with it.

Dave

Last edited by dingram; 12/20/05 04:09 PM.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"