I talked to Jack Young and Pete Melvin about a week ago. Jack is mostly sure that the boats will be ready for the Alter Cup. Pete kind of shakes his head and will not make a commitment to it. Though it is a short timeframe they have been working on the boat really hard lately. With the successful sail of the first production model a week ago they went back and put in order all the things that need to happen to get the boats out. The boat is using many of the same parts as on the older boat. Differences are hulls, daggerboards, mast, main sail and boom. I think that the trampoline had to be modified a bit to fit, but I am not sure of that. So you ask what is the same? Crossbars, all the hardware, spinnaker set up, rudder system. Forgot to mention that I think they are changing out to Main system to 10:1.

My understanding is that there are approximately 40 deposits from Europe and I think all of the Alter Cup boats have buyers. That is a bit over 50 for right now. Other that that there are about 20 more interested in the U.S. I have no idea how many want them in other places but I would think that 100 is easy to get to.

They have made enough molds to make two full boats at at time. They can pull them a bit faster than the older model, due to Infusion process. They may be able to get about 8 boats a week at full production. I cannot figure out what that would do to the production of all the other Models they sell. There are only so many hands at the factory.

Later,
Dan