Macca and I swapped boats in a club race and I got to race the beast for the first time in a race. Must say it was by far and away the sweetest boat I have ever sailed. Very light and responsive as well as powerful and efficient. When hit by a gust upwind, she behaved like an A class. Just crank on the main and she wants to point higher and higher.

The first upwind we were left for dead by the Tornadoes and gave them about a half a leg lead by after the first lap. This was because we were sailing too low and fast on the upwinds. Once we got a feel for sailing it, we reeled in the Ts at a rapid rate..... On the same tack. The big Taipan was just so much quicker than the Ts in a straight line. We came around the bottom buoy just behind 2 well sailed Capricorns, sailed under them, around, cranked it to weather, out pointed the Capricorns and pulled more than 100 meters on them in a matter of minutes whilst catching the Big T in the process. Left all the F18s and Tornadoes in shock.......

By the way, I believe Macca's beast is closer to 11 feet wide. Has not been realy measured as yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]