Wouter

You are correct about many possibly irrelevant variables however... you are missing the point.

The point is ... Do you want the class to shape the story of the event...whether it be about sailors, boats, masts, sails, Kewpie dolls on the spin pole, etc.... OR do you the reader want to interpret the results from a dataset that is a bit more robust. Taking the point about boat specs to the extreme does not invalidate the latter perspective.

Everyone's focus on the event will be different... eg as a North American... when I look at texel results... I look at the boat and then for names I recognize... You however, know those sailors and look at the event the other way. To each their own.

If I sail an A cat... at 210 lbs... I want to know who else is sailing at that weight and what equipment they selected. Is it worthless information... who knows... but it would make me happy and interested in the class, and increase the comfort level I have when I shop for a boat.

That's the point of publishing the full set of results and data. .. Otherwise... just hand everyone a peice of paper with their finish position and call it a day.

Mark

crac.sailregattas.com