You know...when the question was first asked...I was thinking...well why not just spend a bit more and get a F-16 where you can go both solo or two up...but the more I watch Video...looking at how compact it is...what good performance is coming out of it...well lets just say every time I view the DVD I am a little more convinced that this would be a trick boat to own...yea every one wants to go sailing with you...until you actually want to go sailing...then they all have an excuse. It appears that you could take this little puppy out in some major wind without fear.

As much as the Hobie 14 design sucked, I have to say I had some of the most fun sailing that little boat…now to take the performance up an order of magnitude with the Alpha Omega…in the same size boat…that would be a very hard treat to pass up. Darryl, keep pushing for a builder.

We have been so conditioned to think bigger is better…but is it really? You know what they say…a boats frequency of use is inversely proportional to its size. In other words, the smaller it is the more it is used. Maybe we should be putting our energy into getting top performance out of the smallest possible package.

Darryl have you given any consideration to selling plans for a home built Alpha Omega…the hull design (at least from the video) looks like it would be very easy to build. Not a lot of compound curves.

Regards,
Seeker

Last edited by Seeker; 02/28/06 06:43 PM.