I only sail single handed and, like others have said, there's nothing like trappin' out in a blow on a H16. Here's my two cents worth...
1. Foot straps are a must - one on the hull as far aft as you can, the second as far aft as possible on the side beam.
2. I use the righting bag with a 5:1 system and have had no troubles bringing up the boat in light or strong winds. I store the 5:1 on/under the front cross beam snapped to riveted snaps on each end. I throw the bag up and over the upper hull, detache bag, insert 5:1, pull up back, lean and over she comes
3. I'm usually out in a blow and thus trapped out nearly all the time. I now use separate jib sheets that are attached to my trap dog bone for easy access. My jib traveller lines are separate and travel diagonally across the trap and are bungied to the aft corner of the tramp. When trapped out, you simply bend your knees and can reach down and pickup the line to adjust your in/out jib block
4. Get yourself a nice Harken 8:1 mainsheet. If your singlehanded all the time, you're gonna need this in the long run. Nothin worse than coming in early in a blow 'cause you simply cannot sheet in the main anymore (ie too tired)
5. You MUST wear you PFD ALL THE TIME.
6. Make sure you have slight weather helm. If you fall out alone, and are not tethered to the boat (another consideration), you're screwed.
7. You'll need to depower your main with any significant breeze - downhaul to the max when it's blowing

Screaming across the lake in my H16, beam reach, standing on the stern, 15-20 knts, ahhhhh, there's nothin' like it!!!!

PS On "BIG BLOW" days, I wear a wake board-type helmut just to add another level of safety - protection from outta control boom or extra protection if you plant a hull at speed.

Good luck man.

Ron

----------------- H16 '82 Tornado '88