I'm hearing over and over again how dangerous this sport is... Do you really think so? I always tell my wife that it's probably more dangerous driving to Massachusetts twice per week than sailing but maybe I'm wrong?
Statistically, do you think is it PROBABLE that one of us who frequents this forum eventually DIES while sailing? IF not PROBABLE then what do you think the risk is? 20%? 10%? Less than 1%? Seems to me, for all the people who sail, you hear of very few fatalities. Less than other sports popular around here. Certainly less than snowmobiling where at least 5-10 people died just this winter.... and every past winter about the same number. How many actually die from sailing activities? Does anyone know of anyone who died of a catamaran capsize? I don't.

Just wondering.....
Greg

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan