Hi again Jake, Your message makes me think you have a misconception about the crew preventers (I prefer equipment names that describe the function they perform - chicken lines are a dis-service to these important additions and may dissuade people from using them). Once you are hooked up with the trapeeze and the crew preventer, you are really locked securely in position. There is no way you are going to hurt shoulders or arms or legs or ankles (like foot straps will). The only part of the body that takes more load is the legs but that is compression - it feels like you weigh more because the preventer is holding you back and down to counteract the trapeeze that wants to pull you in and forward (launching you towards the bow). The ones that I have used allow NO movement forward so that you cannot develop a momentum that the line has to stop. So there is no large dynamic force to overcome either by your body parts or boat parts. We passed all the Inter 20s on the second day of the Gold Coast 100 along the shore of Lake Michigan in really bouncy conditions a couple years ago when we were set-up this way and did thirty-five miles in confident comfort. Try this on the lawn at home and you will experience what I am describing. You can literally put your feet together and have someone on the ground try to push you back or forward while in trapeeze and you will be rock solid. It is remarkable!

Mike