I couldn't live without my Garmin Streetpilot GPS unit. I pack it when I go away after preloading the addresses of my hotel and/or attractions I want to see and get off the plane, plug it into the rental car and off I go like I know my way around a strange city. Very cool stuff. Transferrable from car to car so that if my wife goes somewhere I can load her destination in the unit and she can not only find her way there but coming back she just has to push the RETURN HOME button and I know she is going to be able to get back. It's been teriffic. Works on the snowmobiles too. The voice that gives the directions is a pleasant Irish lady we have named Veronica. She's like one of the family. I'm not sure how I would use a GPS on the water though. Maybe just in a fast moving fog but I don't often get that while sailing.....

Greg
P.S. My wife bought me this unit as well!

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan