Bad News that Ollie and Kelli were excused from the games. They were sailing in a "Men's Race" according to the NOR. Seems that there some protests about it and they were asked to leave. When Eileen and I heard about the problem, a while back, we were pissed at the organizers. If we had quailified it was our intention to sail together as Ollie and Kelli did.

I had heard that Ollie and Kelli did address the situation before they went on their trip and were placated to think that they would be okay and could compete. They did their due diligence, by checking before they went, and were asked to leave when they got there? This is WRONG! In most of our racing there are Women's events and Open events. I have not heard of a "Men's only" event until now. Unless it is a "Men's Day Regatta" at my Yacht Club, but that is a bumper boat mess...usually.

I know that there have not been women sailing in the Tornados at the Olympics but does the NOR for that specifically exclude women from it?

Still Fuming,
Dan

Welcome to the world of ISAF Bull Sh*t.
Write Jerome Pels to complain (Jerome@isaf.co.uk).
He's the Director of Sailing at ISAF meaning he's in charge of events and competitions.

[Linked Image]