I have an ex college roommate who is a VP of a Major Beer Company (that ryhmes will Killer) who told me this when I suggested to him that him buying me a sail with the companies logo on it would be great advertising for his beer. He said: "But sailors aren't big beer drinkers."

Wha, Wha, Wha WHAT? Can this be true?

He said, "In comparison with Nascar fans or Bikers, sailors are waaaaay down the list. It would not be anything but a giant waste of money. It would be the same as if we sponsored the symphony".

I pointed out that it's not just advertising for the other sailors on the water but every other boater and those that can see me from shore etc etc etc but he would have none of it and I'm not getting my sail.

Does anyone out there know of any beer sponsorships of sailing or have you seen a beer sail? I seem to recall seeing a picture of a Coors sail sometime but it might have been photo shopped. I am looking for as many as possible so I can throw it back at him. I haven't given up yet.

HELP!
Greg

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan