A friend inquired about buying a used F-16 today, and I promised to try helping him out finding some boats.

I'm guessing from the remainder of your post that he is looking for secondhand boats right ? Besides you know where to find the new ones.

Any leads to where I can find some F-16s to look at in northern Europe?

There are plenty to look at, sadly not many are for sale at this time.

There is one Stealth F16 on offer in NL at http://www.cat-house.nl/2hands.htm
The Taipans have none on offer at this time.
There may be another F16 that will find its way to the market in the next months. Also in Holland.

However the most active second hand fleet will be in England.

I think that Datchet (near London) has an older Stealth on offer as well, maybe at a very attractive price ?

What is his budget ?

Boats must be ready to sail and in good shape (he dont want to spend much time fixing or converting a boat). Anybody converting from a F-16 Taipan to Blade around?

Not officially (yet) but some are thinking about it. You can do 2 things, wait a few months till they pop up on the classifieds or approach them actively.

Why do he want a F-16 instead of F-18 or a Tornado.. He want the solo option, easy handling on land and the ability to bring his 8 years old son or wife (or somebody else). AND he want to go fast, as he has crewed a bit on a Tornado..

Welcome to the club, I say !

Rolf watch you private catsailor mail box as well.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands