It's a genuine question. I'm familiar with the Australian situation but I'd like to know what is happening in other parts of the world.

Here, most new cat sailors are either monohull converts or the siblings of older sailors, having gained their experience crewing for Dad.
Cat sailors in Oz are generally not club sailors but more of a regatta roaming group, with few if any roots in sailing clubs per se.
There are very few (two that I know of) cat specific sailing clubs in NSW and that probably runs true through Australia, which most likely explains why cat sailors tend to be older in general than their monohull sailing cousins. There are no cat specific training programs such as they have in the mono ranks here. I'm not aware of any sailing schools run specifically for teaching catamaran handling skills anywhere in the world which probably goes toward explaining the impending demise of small cat racing here, and elsewhere it seems.
Is it the same in Europe and The US?

I believe it's an issue which should be addressed if cat sailing/racing is to reach it's potential world-wide. Young recruits coming up through the ranks is crucial for future development
What do you think?