hahaha that's amazing... not gonna lie, that makes me wanna go Hobie in a heartbeat.

From the replies it sounds like the Nacra is a more stable, forgiving, and overall-better-designed boat, but that the Hobie is more fun in an almost unpredictable and - shall we say - flirtatious way?

Berny - you sound like my friend who told me the Nacra is a more "modern" boat. How does it handle better? I've never sailed one so your input is appreciated! thanks

Does the Nacra like to fly a hull like the Hobie does? How is the overall thrill of the boat? Is there more adrenaline involved with a Hobie 16?

again, thanks for the replies! I'm going down on friday to look at the 5.0, and the price has been lowered to $2200. this includes a trailer, new tiller extension, reenforced keels (from dragging on the beach i suppose?), and good sails. sounds like a really great deal! basically, i have to make a decision which to go with really soon because this 5.0 is the only Nacra available in florida and after friday the seller is moving away for a few months!