The yardsticks for nearly all of the skiffs are slightly inaccurate there. The 29er is about the same speed as the 505 and Flying Dutchman (keep in mind Australia has the top 29er fleet globally),yardstick 95.

The Laser has a yardstick of 112, this is so low because it is sailed by such talented sailors who are extremely good at sailing the Laser. The average club sailor will not be able to race to this number on most occasions.

The 29er is a non professional class. In saying that when my friends went to San Fran for the 05 worlds they were training 6 days a week before hand (that is a hell of a lot of time on a boat). However, I beleive the tactical prowess would not be the same as older more experienced sailors who tend to not sail in the class very much. This means it could be possible for the rating to be even lower.

Oh the 12ft skiff rating is a load of bollox! Absolute rubbish I'm affraid. That boat can almost pace an 18 downwind! (runs deep because of the huge kite, almost as fast, in some conditions)

T_E