Bill,

Not trying to get the last word in here, but it's misleading to indicate that neoprene absorbs water, and we're trying to give good information, aren't we?

If neoprene absorbed water, wetsuits wouldn't work. The principle involved is that although a layer of water gets between you and the wetsuit, the wetsuit PREVENTS exchange between that layer and the ambient water around you. The layer of water next to you is warm, thus keeping you warm. Plus, the air trapped within the neoprene foam is also insulative. Last I checked, air generally floats...

If wetsuits absorbed water, then divers who normally don't have to wear weights, still wouldn't have to wear weights when they put on wetsuits, and they do. Ask any diver.

Like the fella said earlier, the cloth laminated to some wetsuits absorbs water (geez, how much could that possibly be), but no, the wetsuit itself doesn't.

I promise.

I've even consulted a couple of mechanical engineers on it, so you don't have to take my word.

If your wetsuit absorbs water, then you need to send it back or it's really old and it ain't working anymore. But in my observation, really old neoprene just gets crumbly.

sea ya
tami
[Linked Image]