I am outraged at the cavalier… ho hum attitude that I sense… As someone who makes events happen in my region I just want to know if you have any idea of the impact of
“ Oh well… the schedule screwed up a nationals and we just cancelled it. Or… gee its WINDY there and I don’t want to play there!”

Let me understand this….
You want to talk about the Tiger Class fiasco at the Hobie 16 Nationals and decide WHAT?
That they were bad boys and girls for screwing the St Francis yacht club over?
What do you think the Hobie 16 sailors will do too the Tiger sailors.. shun them?

Ya think that the NAF18’s might be a good place to SCHEDULE A FRICKIN TIGER MEETING and figure out what went wrong and what to do about it!
Uh… do you think that your organizational structure might have contributed to this mess?

Do you realize that a lot of people at the St Francis club arranged their schedule to take off and run an event in the middle of the week for you? Last time I looked… they don’t get paid! They volunteered for the good of the sport and the sailing community. And you bail at the last minute. What the hell were you thinking ???? (At least the 17’s showed up to play.)

Did the conditions on the SF Bay suddenly change because of global warming? You didn’t know it was usually windy on the bay? You suddenly woke up and said… Nah…I won’t go there … Its too windy… but sshhhh… I won’t tell anyone that I won’t come. Oh and by the way… I really didn’t mean it when I said… Oh wow… St Francis Yacht club … GREAT Venue !
It took a year for everyone to wuss out? Gee… do you think the 505 class will bail because they suddenly realize its WINDY THERE!

What kind of WANKERS do we as cat sailors look like when the feedback St Francis gets is… Oh…. The sailors thought the conditions would be too rough for them .. so … well em… they decided that it just wasn’t right for them… So well em that’s why they called and cancelled at the last minute. Well at least they called!

Or how much respect do you earn when your excuse is… Well the schedule was bad!

How long do you think it will take for cat sailors to live this one down on the west coast? 5 years… 10??? Why would ANY yacht club bother to host you
for an event after this fiasco? Do you have ANY IDEA how difficult it is to find a place and team to run a nationals? Do you think ANYBODY in these clubs CARES about some pissant BS about Hobie rule this …. and Formula 18 rule that… and well this schedule conflicted with that schedule. (like you did not have anything to do with YOUR FREAKIN SCHEDULE)

In one instant… you have just reaffirmed what the sailing community has SAID ABOUT US CATSAILORS FOR YEARS … Oh..those Hobie cat sailors… they are not serious…. They don’t even act like adults! Why in gods name would ANY serious sailing organization give us the time of day after this? (The majority of the sailing world simply knows catamarans as Hobie Cats) No matter how many good things NAHCA might do…People tend to remember the !#$@$ ups.

I work with the yacht clubs on the Chesapeake Bay to give the beach cats starts at both big boat events and dinghy events. It takes YEARS to build credibility with these organizations based on our collective reputation from years past…. And I don’t even know what we did then!!! You tell them XY and Z and you better damn sure make certain that XY and Z happen and then do a bit more. You develop personal relationships and credibility with individuals who go out on a limb and make stuff happen for you… and the poor SOB who got screwed over here by the class must be mortified.

Finally, what really pisses me off is what I read about from the Tiger
sailors is :well…. The real problem is the #$#%/ Schedule!!!! If only this.… … well it was too much…. they really should have done more for us… HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING THE PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

Give me a $^%$^$ break… The least you could do is take up a collection and from the class and make a sizable donation to their Junior Sailing Program with profound apologies. Stop with the asinine excuses. Act like adults and clean up the freakin mess you created!

Mark,

Do you think this post of yours is making a useful contribution to the discussion? (I don't)

I'm unclear as to who exactly you are directing your rant at. At times I wish this forum had an "ignore posts from this user" feature to improve the signal to noise ratio.

I find your style of writing unpersuasive and antagonistic. What is it you hope to achieve? Do you think your comments will help increase participation at future Tiger national events?

Chris.

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules