Don
<br>There are a variety of ways to do this. For simple cosmetic scratches and dings I find the easiest thing is to make a paste out of some white get coat. To do this you need to add colloidal silica to thickin it. Colloidal silica comes in a variety of different types and some do not change the color of the gel coat. I think the one you want is colloidal silica 406 from West marine. It's a white fluffy powder. You mix it in, add wax and hardener. Apply it with a small scrapper or tongue depresser.
<br>
<br>As far as dying epoxy that is different. Most of the dyes available at places like west marine come in little toothpaste type tubes. They come in a variety of colors but they are designed for polyester resins not epoxy resins. I have used them occasionally with polyester and they work ok. Generally I now do non cosmetic repairs with resin and cloth and then worry about the get coat last. Once you get into these types of repairs though you will find that the cosmetic stuff is where it gets tough.
<br>
<br>Personally I do not like marine tex and similar do it yourself repair kits as they don't match well. Many people certainly use them though.
<br>
<br>Call me if you have any questions, you have the number.
<br>
<br>Rich<br><br>

Attached Files
744- (21 downloads)