Don,
<br>I would not try to pigment the epoxy. Do your repair with epoxy, but make sure it is at least 1/16 " below the gel coat. Get the factory gelcoat from performance for the color match. Saves you alot of trouble.
<br> You will need to build the gelcoat up in multiple layers if you are applying it by brush. This is easy to do as gelcoat tacks in about 15 min.
<br>Rough the surface with 80 grit then use acetone to clean it. Paint on the gelcoat with a brush. Wait 15 min or untill it tacks than put on another layer. I usulay put on 5-7 layers with a brush with each layer about 1/2" wider then the last. After the last coat, wait untill the last coat tacks and paint on PVA (the green stuff) so it cures properly. The next day grind it down with a DA sander and go 80-120-180-220-320-400-600 grit with the DA. Use 3M heavy duty compound and then 3M finesse compound and you are done.
<br>
<br>For small scratches use the gelcoat, but apply it with a razor blade. This allows you to get a precise amount in the scratch. You can also buy gelpaste (pre thickened gelcote). It is hard to find in white though. I have not been sucessfull matching the color well using the clear gelpaste and then adding white pigment.
<br>
<br>Good Luck,
<br>Eric<br><br>