Mike # 213 (joke) I seem to remember that Kirt ran his Skunk snuffer as a single halyard system too.

Also, I would like to suggest that to add Peter Vinks Performance Sails to the list of spi makers. About USD 550,- for the sail is the quote I remember from him. As the other in tehir continent Vink is regarded to be a very good spi maker overhere to the extend that other well know sailmakers regard his spis as just a tad better than their own. A rare compliment. This guy is located near to me and I could therefor handle your order as your representative when need be.

Personally I think that the snuffer is indeed the best compromise between practicality, windage and the Taipan jib setup. But if this is not the way you want to go them maybe the trampoline launched snuffer may work for you. This one will have to be fitted diagonally to the Taipan tramp as it will be too short otherwise (this may be a drawback). I know a sailmaker that has made these before (tornado) and has done it is is doing it now for other Taipans. He might be the one to contact if that is your prefered option.

As far as I know Goodall makes the trampoline spi bag system and in all honestly the jib setup is in the way although the system works regardless.

For the skunk make sure that the patches are not to stiff (ask Kirt) . Otherwise it won't go into the snuffer.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands